Get Protected! If you need the Champions in Pest Control, Call us today!
Spring is finally here, and with it comes the renewal of nature, blooming flowers, and unfortunately, pests. Pests are notorious for infesting your home, causing damage, and spreading diseases. This year, let’s be proactive and prevent pests from ruining our spring season. In this blog, we’ll provide 10 tips on how to keep pests away this spring.
Let’s Get Started!
- Seal all cracks and crevices – Pests such as ants, mice, and cockroaches can enter through small cracks and crevices. Be sure to seal any potential entry points to your home to prevent them from getting in.
- Keep your kitchen clean – Pests are notorious for being attracted to your kitchen due to the abundance of food sources. Be sure to clean your kitchen daily, store food in airtight containers, and don’t leave dirty dishes in the sink.
- Remove standing water – Mosquitoes breed in standing water, so be sure to remove any standing water sources around your home, including bird baths, flower pots, and gutters.
- Trim your trees and bushes – Pests such as rodents can use tree branches to access your home. Keep tree branches and bushes trimmed away from the exterior walls of your home.
- Store firewood properly – Termites and other wood-destroying pests are attracted to firewood. Store firewood at least 20 feet from your home and 5 inches off the ground.
- Keep your home well-ventilated – Pests thrive in warm, humid environments. Keep your home well- ventilated by opening windows, using fans, and running air conditioning.
- Maintain your yard – Overgrown yards are a haven for pests such as ticks and mosquitoes. Keep your lawn trimmed, remove any debris regularly, and eliminate any areas where water is allowed to pool.
- Install screens on doors and windows – Keep pests out by installing screens on all of your doors and windows. Make sure there are no holes or tears in the screens.
- Use natural pest repellents – Chemical pesticides may harm beneficial insects such as bees and butterflies. Instead, use natural pest repellents such as peppermint oil, vinegar, and citrus peels.
- Hire a pest control professional – Hire a pest control professional – If you’re experiencing a pest problem you can’t handle on your own, it’s time to call us in! We are experienced professionals who know exactly how to tackle your pest problem using safe, effective methods. We can also provide advice on how to prevent further infestations.
By following these 10 tips, you can prevent pests from entering your home and ruining your spring season. Remember to seal cracks, keep your kitchen clean, remove standing water, trim your trees, store firewood properly, keep your home well-ventilated, maintain your yard, install screens, use natural repellents, and hire a professional if necessary. Let’s keep pests away and stay confident with a cleaner, safer home.